What is prototyping exactly?
We’re starting off with a new series of information regarding a known, yet still undervalued discipline - application prototyping.
What is a prototype? - in its simplest form it is a visual representation of a to-be completed product. With regards to websites and applications it usually is an arrangement of graphical elements which represent the most relevant elements that should be taken into account.
When should you prototype?
▪ New functionality in an existing system
▪ Buildup and contents of external data
▪ Tools, frameworks, libraries, etc. from external parties.
▪ Graphical User Interfaces
▪ Critical changes to the database
What you need to remember is that the value of prototypes comes from the insights you gain, not neccessarily the prototype itself.
You can find more information on debuggable.